Question:

From Sterling, Virginia, USA:

My nine-year-old son has certain symptoms that I have addressed with the doctor. He has to eat at least every two hours or he feels bad and he is so thirsty all the time that he would do anything for a drink right now. He also has been going to the school nurse in the afternoons complaining of headaches. The doctor said since he eats every two hours that he is adjusting his own levels and he knows best when he eats. The problem with that is at school he eats lunch at 10 am and doesn't get home until 2:45 at this point he is pale and has a headache. He will in turn eat from then until he goes to sleep. Should I be more persistent with the doctors about the signs I see?

Answer:

It's good as a general rule to be persistent with your physician if you have continued concerns about any symptoms your child has. Your pediatrician is best suited to assist you with determining which symptoms may need further testing.