From Thessalon, Ontario, Canada:

Recently my blood sugar level has been running at about 16.0-17.5 mmol/L [288-315 mg/dl]. I do not take any medication and was wondering what dietary information you could provide to aid in lowering this level. I use absolutely NO sugars and I eat four small meals a day. Please help as my vision is blurry most days and I am tired and listless.

I hesitate to spend most of the time talking about dietary intervention when it sounds like you need more intensive intervention with medications or even insulin. Do not misunderstand me, nutritional information is vital to good control. However, you are symptomatic with elevated blood sugars. You need to have them rapidly decreased. This requires the intervention of a physician. I suggest you contact your physician immediately for more aggressive treatment.

Posted to Type 2