From Miami, Florida, USA:

Where in Miami, Florida can I go to receive training on injecting my husband's son with insulin (he is 11 years old)? Also, where can I receive training on the basics of his illness and how to monitor his sugar levels? We recently married and I want to be aware of how I can help the child when he is at home on the weekends with us.

This child has had diabetes for a bit of time. Presumably he is followed by a physician, and probably a pediatric endocrinologist. There are several in Miami - some at the Children's Hospital and University/medical school and others in private practice.

I'd suggest that you call the child's diabetes team and ask for some sessions with the Certified Diabetes Educator. They will be more than happy to meet with you and teach you basics and beyond. And while this is probably covered by insurance, if it is not you will find this money well spent!

Good for you for wanting to learn more and be involved and caring.