From Perth, Western Australia, Australia:

I am 18 years old and am fairly active, rowing three-four times a week, 65kg, though unsure if I have diabetes. I am really thirsty (drinking 4 litres +) a day, frequent urination. I have recently been getting really tired and sleeping over 12 hours a day where I used to (a year ago) only need six.

I seem to keep the same weight though have a dry mouth constantly and getting ulcers more often. I haven't ever had a blood test, or urine test. I am reasonably healthy and haven't been to the doctors for over a year.

Do I have diabetes? Is there a way of finding out, other than going to the doctor, as I really don't like going unless I really need to?

To briefly answer your questions, I'd advise you to have your physician perform some exams to better study and define your symptoms from a general point of view beyond the diabetes suspect. If you want not to see your doctor and check anyhow for diabetes a fasting blood sugar and urinalysis might exclude - if normals - the diagnosis of diabetes. I hope it helps you