From Pennsylvania, USA:

I have been having a problem with my child's school regarding how they treat her with her diabetes. She is denied field trips. They are not doing right how they are treating her blood sugars and also when it is time for her snacks are to be given to her. I want to know how I can go about filing a 504 plan. Every year it is getting worse.

Under federal laws, schools are required to provide care to students with diabetes on field trips and at school-related extracurricular events. Please review the ADA web site's School Discrimination section for more info and call 1-800-DIABETES to ask for a school discrimination packet or to speak to our legal advocate.

Posted to School and Daycare