From Freemont, California, USA:

I am 17 weeks pregnant, and my doctor said I had a reading of plus 3 in during my urine test. She said it might have been something I ate that day, but I'm scared it might be gestational diabetes. Is a reading of plus 3 usually an indication that gestational diabetes is forthcoming?

During pregnancy, glucose in the urine is not very diagnostic and in fact is fairly common. To make a diagnosis of diabetes you will have to take a blood glucose test. This is done between 24 and 28 weeks. If you are very concerned, you can take the test sooner. If it is normal, you should still repeat it at that 24-28 week time.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes