Question:

From New Delhi, India:

I am 18 years old. My height is 180 cm. I weigh 102 kg. My BMI is 31. Is it possible to reduce my weight by diet modifications alone and without exercise? I have been told to shed at least 20 kg. by my doctor. I take Huminsulin 30/70 and Humalog. Please guide me

Answer:

Yes, it is possible. In order to accomplish this, you probably need to work with a dietician. Hopefully, one is available to you. The inclusion of a dietician in our diabetes centers in the U.S. allow for this interaction. You first need to discuss your current calorie intake. This frequently means keeping a diary to quantitate your calorie intake. Next, you need to determine what your calorie intake should be to support a healthier lifestyle. Finally, you should discuss appropriate foods to stress and those to eliminate in your diet in order to meet your goals. It may be obvious that this is a process and requires continued learning.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss