From Springfield, Massachusetts, USA:

What should I do for my feet that have been being numb overnight for about a month? I also have very bad pain down the back of my thigh from my hip to my knee. I am taking a large amount of pain killers.

I am sorry to hear you are having so much discomfort. I would do several things about your pain. First, talk to your doctor. The numbness can be from diabetes. However, that may not be the source of the pain. One of the things I see patients do that have diabetes and pain is use a lot of narcotic pain medications for relief. This may result in long-term dependence. See if you and your physician can evaluate the pain and determine its source and treat it specifically. It it is a pinched nerve, treat that. If it is diabetic neuropathy, you can treat that with medications that are not narcotics. Sometimes, you need to use a test called an EMG. This test can help differentiate a pinched nerve from diabetic neuropathy.

Posted to Complications and Aches and Pains