From Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, USA:

I'm on an insulin pump. My basals are correct, as I have tested my glucose levels during fasting with no change. On the weekends, I bolus one unit for every 14 carbs and my glucose levels are perfect. However, during the week at work, my glucose levels run very high, between 200 and 300. I've lowered my bolus at work to one unit for every 10 carbs, but it is not making a big difference. I can't figure out what the problem is. Do you think it is inactivity during the week, being that I sit all day at a desk? Does sitting at a desk or in a car right after eating do something to the digestive system? My doctor tells me to call the pump company and the pump company tells me to talk to my doctor. I am so fustrated I don't know what to do. Please help.

Sounds like the stress at work may be also a factor. I would discuss this with your physician. It is not a pump issue, it is a glucose issue and the pump company doesn't generally involve itself in medical decisions. That is what the physician and his/her team is available to you to help. I would consider using a temporary basal rate during the week for a few hours and see if that helps. But I would definitely discuss this with your physician.

Posted to Insulin Pumps