From Sweden:

I'm a woman who has been a type 1 diabetic for 35 years. I'm in very good control using Insulatard + Humalog. Due to the more user friendly devices from Novo Nordisk I wanted to change from Humalog to NovoRapid. My doctor would not let me change because he thinks the risk of forming antibodies is more prominent for NovoRapid than for Humalog. Are there any studies confirming his concern or any other evidence that this is a valid concern?

As far I as I have researched, there are no studies indicating an increased antibody formation with NovoRapid vs. Humalog. I have switched individuals to NovoLog (the US name) without any problems over the past 2 years.

Posted to Insulin Analogs