Question:

From Utah, USA:

My dad is having problems controlling his blood sugar levels. He had been watching his diet very closely, but he cannot get his levels down. He is 450 every mooring. He went to the doctor and they gave him a new medication, but it has not worked. If there is something else wrong in his body (liver, kidney, etc.) would that cause he levels to go up?

Answer:

According to your message, your father is taking oral agents or pills in an attempt to control his blood sugar. He may need insulin if his sugar is greater than 450. I would discuss this with your father's physician and your father. The pills are apparently not effective and he needs additional treatment.

ABS

Posted to Type 2 and Pills for Diabetes