From British Columbia, Canada:

I am wondering what is the normal sugar level in urine. My son was tested two different times and readings were 4.0 in urine and 6.4 mmol/L in blood after a fast of twelve hours. He has been taking olanzapine for two months now. Before the olazapine his urine had no traces of sugar.

You don't say why your son is on olanzapine but this is a major drug with many potential side effects including diabetes. However, his doctor is obviously aware of these risks or wouldn't be testing his urine. It is VITAL that you do not stop the drug but discuss the issues with the doctor who is prescribing it.

Posted to Other Medications