From Wiliford, Arkansas, USA:

Do all type 1 diabetics go through a honeymoon period? My daughter has not. She gets three shots a day and her levels are 120 to 155 mg/dl [6.7 to 8.5 mmol/L]. Is that a good blood sugar level? She is eight years old and has had type 1 for two months.

Without a lot more details, overall, I'd say your child, indeed, is probably in a diabetes honeymoon. If the "highest" glucose is 155 mg/dl [8.5 mmol/L], then I'd say you're doing a pretty good job. Has the HbA1c value come down? You did not indicate what types of insulin she receives, but a nice little "rule of thumb, " I think, is that, when you notice that lunchtime and bedtime glucose levels begin to rise substantially, you are probably approaching or are at the end of the honeymoon

Posted to Honeymoon