From London, England:

My daughter was admitted into hospital diagnosed with diabetic ketoacidosis. She has started to eat and drink, but wants to eat a lot. What sort of foods and drinks should I give her? How much and how often? Do I need to use supplements?

I am assuming that your daughter is newly diagnosed with diabetes. It is normal at this stage for new patients to be extremely hungry because their bodies have been starved for several weeks and they need to catch up. This phase only lasts for a week or two and your dietitian will talk through all of the details and how to cope.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Hyperglycemia and DKA