From Duluth, Minnesota, USA:

My son rolls around a lot in bed at night. He has reset his insulin pump doing this and not realized it. Do you have any suggestions about what he can wear at night so that no buttons are pressed and the infusion set isn't pulled out without realizing it?

Almost impossible to imagine rolling on the pump and resetting buttons unintentionally. All pumps usually have several steps that must be done in sequence to have this take place. Is there any chance that he does not like wearing the pump and this is a way of manipulating the glucose results so that the pump could be "blamed" and thus discontinued? You should talk with our diabetes team to sort this out.

Additional comments from Jeff Hitchcock, CWD Founder and Editor:

I've heard reports from pump wearers and parents about some pumps resetting themselves due to static electricity. Living in Minnesota, this can be an issue in the winter. You might want to contact your pump company and ask if your pump is at risk for this problem.

Posted to Insulin Pumps