Question:

From Pakistan:

I have had diabetes for 12 years. My doctor advised me to take oral medicine rather than injections. I had good control for a long time, but now I'm unable to get control. What do you suggest? Should I take insulin or continue taking oral medication? Secondly, I'm going to get married next year. How will diabetes affect my babies? How can I prevent them from being affected?

Answer:

You need to control your blood sugars. If oral medication is not working, then you will need to consider insulin. If you plan to have children, then strict glucose control is imperative to prevent any complications with pregnancy.

I would speak with your physician ASAP and discuss these issues with him/her.

ABS

Posted to Type 2