Question:

From Virginia, USA:

How do I get a copy of the Carb Count Chart? Are there any studies that I can be involved in, in my area?

Answer:

I would advise that you contact a registered dietitian or your local American Diabetes Association office to receive a copy of The Exchange List for Meal Planning which categorizes nutrient composition for commonly eaten foods. Ask your physician for a referral to a registered dietitian, if necessary. With regards to studies, also ask your physician if he/she is aware of ongoing diabetes research trials in your community. Much of the time they receive information about such clinical trials for diabetes.

JMS