From Willows, California, USA:

My son has been complaining about stomach aches a lot in the last few months, which we have attributed to the stress of third grade and adapting to his insulin pump. Now he is complaining of being tired all the time. I have noticed a few dry skin patches and he just doesn't seem himself. I have taken him to his pediatrician, but he felt that it was probably a virus. While searching and this site, it sounds like it may be hypothyroidism. What do you think?

It certainly could be thyroid disease. It could be other related autoimmune concerns, such as celiac disease or even Addison's disease, although less likely. It could be something unrelated. Your instincts seem to be good. Your child needs to be assessed clinically by your pediatric endocrinologist.

Posted to Thyroid