From Modesto, California, USA:

It is about two weeks before my menstrual cycle is scheduled to occur. My mother has type 2 diabetes, but I have not been diagnosed or tested for diabetes. Today I felt weak, so my mom just decided to see what my blood sugar level was. It had only been 30 minutes after I had eaten. My blood sugar was 174 mg/dl [9.6 mmol/L]. Could this be because I am borderline diabetic? Or, could it be because I may be pregnant and my family has a history of high blood sugars?

A postmeal blood sugar of 174 mg/dl {9.6 mmol/L] is abnormal. If you are sexually active and not using birth control, then yes, you could be pregnant. However, it may be a little too early to detect by a pregnancy test. It is worthwhile having a formal glucose test in your doctor's office to determine if you do have diabetes. If you miss your period, then do a pregnancy test.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes