From Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA:

My daughter, age 10, has type 1 diabetes, diagnosed on 5/31/02. Her recent A1c was 7.7, creatinine was 0.8, BUN was 17, microalbumin was random, 4. I am concerned that this is a precursor to future renal failure. Do these values, BUN, creatinine, microalbumin change Can they go down? I know they can go up. At diagnosis, her BUN was 13, and creatinine was 0.5; no microalbumin level was done. My daughter is very active and likes to eat cheese as a snack. Should I reduce protein intake? I am definitely switching to Rite Aid soda, which contains no sodium, no caffeine.

Your daughter's kidney test numbers are perfectly normal. At this time, there is no need to worry.

Posted to Complications and Daily Care