From Pennsylvania:

I am 31 and have had type 1 diabetes for 25 years. I have chest pain that occurs sporadically on a daily basis. My physician did a stress test and said that my heart was fine. I asked about exercise and he said I could exercise all I want. I tried to begin a program and am finding that, when walking on a treadmill or using an elliptical trainer, my left foot and toes go completely numb. I am concerned. Do you have any insight into what could be happening?

These symptoms could be from either poor circulation in the leg area or neuropathy. You should talk to your physician. You did not indicate how well your glucose is controlled. Poor glucose control can also cause these symptoms.

If you are not comfortable, I would seek the advice of a specialist in cardiology or vascular diseases. But, you should definitely discuss this with your physician.

Posted to Complications and Aches and Pains