From Asia:

My friend has suspected or borderline diabetes. Presently, he does not have impotence, but information available on the Internet has created a fear in his mind that he may develop impotence. Moreover, his doctor has contributed to this fear by telling him that of the men with good diabetic control, about 50 percent can develop impotence. My friend is 44 years old. Can you assure him that good blood sugar control may prevent him from developing impotence?

The issue here is that the best defense against developing erectile dysfunction is good blood sugar control. This is not the time to ignore the sugars. I would say that borderline diabetes is not a good term; you either have diabetes or you don't. It is important to know where you stand.

Posted to Complications and Type 2