From Youngsville, Louisiana, USA:

My son is four and a half and has type 1 diabetes. I just got some test results from his doctor and he says the results were fine. His platelet count is 550 and his basophil is 1.51. Is this really acceptable? Is there any thing I should be aware of or watch for? Our pediatric endocrinologist moved and we are only depending on his pediatrician.

These numbers not related to your son's diabetes management. They are totally acceptable in most situations. Your pediatrician can explain to you what they mean.