From Toledo, Ohio, USA:

I have had hypoglycemia since birth. I was wondering if I would still be able to conceive? If so, how would the outcome be?

I have addressed this question before on this web page at Ask the Diabetes Team, so if you peruse some of the previous questions you may find a lot of answers that are helpful. In a nutshell, you can conceive. What is important is to make sure that you are in good glucose control prior to conception and also taking a folic acid supplement. With good glucose control and care with a high risk pregnancy specialist, you can expect a good outcome. I would suggest speaking with your obstetrician and endocrinologist prior to trying for a pregnancy.

Posted to Family Planning and Hypoglycemia