From Fort Worth, Texas, USA:

I'm a 19 year old type 1 diabetic, and extremely active in gymnastics. I coach six days a week, four hours a day. Recently, I've noticed that I skip insulin in order to lose weight, or I just don't eat at all for a day. I know this bad for me, but I can't seem to stop, even though I want to. I can't talk to my parents or my doctor about this, and my friends just don't understand. Can you please give my a web site or any suggestions that could help me?

What you are doing, skipping insulin to lose weight, is not uncommon, but it is extremely dangerous. You must seek help, as this is a problem that is very difficult to control on your own. Please talk with your diabetes team about this; they can help you. If you do not feel you can talk with your diabetes team about this, then you need to find a psychologist or other mental health professional who has expertise in individuals with diabetes. Please seek help immediately.

Posted to Behavior and Daily Care