From Tampa, Florida, USA:

I went today for the one hour sugar test for gestational diabetes and I failed the test. The nurse said that my sugar level was at 180 mg/dl [10.0 mmol/L]. I am returning to the doctor tomorrow for the three hour test, after fasting. What are the chances that I will fail this test again, if after the one hour test my sugar level was at 180 mg/dl [10.0 mmol/L]. Also, I work a full time job and would like to know how this will affect my ability to continue working to term.

It is likely that your three hour test will be abnormal. You should be able to keep working even if your doctor has to start you on insulin.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes