From Auckland, New Zealand:

I have impaired glucose tolerance (IGT). I would like to know whether porridge is good for people with IGT. Also, what is the difference between porridge and oatmeal and which type shall I eat?

This is not a yes or no question. Even with impaired glucose tolerance, you will need carbohydrates. Carbohydrates still should make up 40-50% of your total calorie intake each day. The kind of carbohydrate is of some significance. The reason grain serials are good is that they are high in fiber. Oat is high in soluble fiber and may be somewhat better than wheat serials as they have insoluble fiber but less soluble forms of fiber. Eaten in appropriate amounts, this is an acceptable form of food to eat. Just watch the serving size.