From Kangaroo Island, Australia:

A friend who is a highly trained natural bowen therapist spent an hour talking with me today regarding dietary supplements she believes would be of benefit to my son who has diabetes. However, she is also the selling agent. She informs me it is the latest breakthrough in science and nutrition in America. The products are from Mannatech and embody the science of glycoscience and nutrition at a cellular level.

They look to me like expensive vitamin supplements. Have you heard about this research "science"? She made it sound like these products could help my son's body regenerate and have a rebuilding influence on his immune system. Rubbish, I know, but I have to ask the question.

To answer your question briefly, I am not aware of any scientifically-proven validity of the relationships between dietary supplements of any kind and diabetes mellitus in a well nourished person.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations