Question:

From Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, USA:

I am very fatigued throughout the day, even when I've had a good night's sleep. I experience headaches and mood swings. The neurologist and primary care physician have put me on 20 mg of Lexapro, 75 mg Topamax (reduced from 100 mg), and Fioricet. I have allergies for which I take 10 mg Zyrtec. I used to get allergy shots for them until they became too costly. I find myself feeling the need to urinate frequently, even though I haven't increased my fluid intake. I get lightheaded a lot lately and feel out of sorts. My primary care physician feels that it is most likely just part of depression or possible chronic fatigue syndrome. The frequent urination is what throws me off. Would that have something to do with my medications? It's not a urinary tract infection. I've had those enough to recognize them.

Answer:

The diabetes part of the question is whether the frequent urination could be a symptom of diabetes. You should have this checked. Your physician should perform a fasting glucose level to determine if diabetes is a concern.