From Sao Paulo, Brazil:

I live in Brazil. Five years ago, I had to stop eating sugar because of a pancreatic disorder. I decided to go to a Culinary Arts College and work with sugar free desserts. Here in Brazil we don't have good sugar free desserts. I'm looking for a course or someone that already does that in the U.S. that could teach me something but I can't find any such courses. My dream is to give children and adults the nice cakes I didn't have. Can you help me?

It is commendable that you would like to be able to help people with diabetes work in sugar free treats like cakes, cookies, pies, etc. Meal planning has changed in the past few years and allows more "regular" foods to be incorporated into a meal plan in small amounts without detrimental effects on blood sugar control. You might be able to check with a local university or college and inquire about culinary classes or schools.

Posted to Other and Meal Planning, Food and Diet