From Canada:

I am a 15 year old with diabetes. I just had an appointment with my endocrinologist yesterday and I told her about my recent knee pain. She said she is almost certain that it is arthritis. Is it strange that I have arthritis at such a young age? Also, what is the link between diabetes and arthritis? She said I most likely got arthritis because I have diabetes, but I don't really know why?

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease and, as such, it may be associated with other autoimmune diseases like Hashimoto's thyroiditis, celiac disease (gluten intolerance), and some others that are listed through our Search page, including rheumatoid arthritis. You may want to ask your doctor for the name of an arthritis specialist.