Question:

From Camden, Arkansas, USA:

My sugar is usually around 130 to 150 mg/dl [7.2 to 8.3 mmol/L] when I go to bed. I am dropping 80 to 100 mg/dl each night. I manage my diabetes with diet and exercise, no medication. What can I do to prevent this bottoming out?

Answer:

I am very confused by this question. Is the fasting blood sugar really 50 mg/dl [2.8 mmol/L] without medication? Something is not right. Are you symptomatic (sweating, shakey etc)? Maybe the meter or strips are bad. It is normal to have a blood sugar of 70 to 110 mg/dl [3.9 to 6.1 mmol/L] when you get up in the morning.

JS

Posted to Type 2 and Hypoglycemia