Question:

From USA:

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes a little over a year ago. My grandmother had type 2 and both her parents did also. I am a 25 year old female who is normal weight for height. I also get lows quite frequently and am not on insulin. I started taking Actos, 15 mg, about two months ago and this has helped balance the highs and lows. Is it common for people with pre-diabetes to have hypoglycemia as well?

Answer:

Some people feel the higher insulin levels that may occur with pre-diabetes may have a role in inducing the symptoms you describe. However, this is not worked out well.

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Type 2