From Annandale, New Jersey, USA:

I was at the endocrinologist with my seven year old son this morning. He has had type 1 for two and a half years. For the first time since diagnosis, he had an elevated blood pressure this morning. The first reading was 126/96. A second reading on his other arm was 124/91. A third reading, 30 minutes later, was 126/84. My son has been complaining of headaches lately and visual changes. He says things sometimes "tilt." Should I be concerned about this? My endocrinologist did not seem too concerned, but wants me to get his blood pressure checked a couple of more times this week to see what is happening.

That blood pressure is not terribly concerning. Prior to making any decisions about possible higher than normal blood pressure, we typically suggest three independent determinations of blood pressure on three different visits. Your pediatrician may be able to best assess this blood pressure for you also.