Question:

From Redding, California, USA:

I recently found a beverage my children love. There are many different brand names, but it is basically flavored water. There are no carbohydrates, sugars, etc. Is this just like regular water from the tap? The kids think it tastes like soda pop, so I let them drink as much as they want. Is this not nutritionally the same as regular water?

Answer:

The flavored water is probably fine for your children as long as there are no carbohydrates. The flavored water is not the same, nutritionally, as water, but is an acceptable substitute. About the only difference in nutrition makeup is the artificial sweetener added to the flavored water.

JMS