From Horse Cave, Kentucky, USA:

My daughter was just recently released from a hospital stay for a viral illness and ketones. The initial doctor's visit was for a cough that lasted two weeks. Her cough is still present now after three weeks. They did treat her in hospital with breathing treatments and know that it is viral. At what point do I begin to question the coughing still present? I hate to bug them again, but she is not sleeping well because of it. I am very concerned. She has been out of the hospital now for two days and her cough has not shown improvement at all, maybe worse. It is a very dry and non-productive cough. A chest x-ray ruled out any lung stuff on last Friday. Should I be concerned??

If you have concerns about your daughter, they should promptly be discussed with your physician.