From Vandalia, Ohio, USA:

My son was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. We've tried many things to make testing easier. We've done vigorous rubbing, warm washcloths, and various sites for glucose testing; unfortunately, we are having a difficult time getting the necessary sample of blood. We pinch and prod, stopping short of standing on our heads. Do you have any "sure-fire" locations for testing? Taking our insulin shot is a breeze compared to testing.

You might VERY CAREFULLY try using a tourniquet-like effect. Using a fingertip that is warm, wrap a rubber band about one to two inches from the tip, but not too tightly! This should trap enough blood in the fingertip that you'll obtain an adequate sample. Also, I hope you are using a meter which requires very little blood.

Additional comments from Brenda Hitchcock:

Please read about Blood Glucose Meters on our web site to find out which require the smaller amounts of blood.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Daily Care