Question:

From Palm City, Florida, USA:

I have three children. My ten year old was diagnosed with type 1 at age five and my two year old was diagnosed at ten months. Our middle child has been having some higher than normal blood sugars. Her morning numbers are mostly in the normal range, then she starts to climb, many days into the 125+ mg/dl [7.0+ mmol/L] range by afternoon, with 25 percent of her 8 p.m. numbers at 145+ mg/dl [8.0 mmol/L]. I have laboratory results back that show a fasting, one and two hour blood glucose readings. All are in the 80s (mg/dl) [4.4 to 4.9 mmol/L]. Her C-peptide was 0.6. We are waiting for antibodies. Are we " yes, no or maybe" for diabetes?

Answer:

Your physician can better interpret her lab results. The criteria for the diagnosis of diabetes can be found at Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes.