From New Jersey, USA:

What does an A1c of 6.0 mean for a 34 year old female? My doctor said it is not a concern, but when I read the laboratory results, it was flagged as out of range.

An A1C of 6% in a person who does not have diabetes is the upper limits of normal (4-6% is the normal range). I suggest you meet with your primary care provider to see if you have any risk factors for type 2 diabetes that can be reduced, such as excess weight and inactivity. You should also have additional blood work, if you haven't already, to see if you may have pre-diabetes.

Posted to A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c