Question:

From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 12 months. She is five now. For probably two years now, she has had chronic stomach pains and a small odor. They have tested her for urine infections and she is on Pepcid now. Nothing seems to help and no one seems to think it is a big deal and I am curious if it could be insulin related or something else that they need to run different test for?

Answer:

Your daughter should certainly be tested for celiac disease and possibly also for lactose intolerance. You should speak to your diabetes team about this.