From USA:

I'm a psychotherapist trying to help a couple reconstruct their marriage, which I believe was pulled "asunder" by the blood sugar irregularities prior to this client's diagnosis. Is there any research on this topic?

There is a large volume of literature on mental health issues and diabetes. I would suggest performing a literature search for most of the recent information. Recent textbooks are not dealing with this issue to any degree. There have been recent reviews in Diabetes Care, a publication of the American Diabetes Association, that you could refer to. However, they are not clustered in any particular year. It has been two to three years now since there was a technical review on depression and diabetes. I would refer you to the work of PJ Lustman and his group at Washington University in St. Louis.

Posted to Mental Health