From Richmond, Indiana, USA:

I am a student in an Anatomy and Physiology class and we are studying the endocrine system. What would happen if someone were born without alpha and beta cells in the pancreas? What kinds of problems would it cause for our bodies?

It seems to me that someone born without alpha and beta cells would be in for a world of problems very quickly after birth including diabetes and difficulty digesting foods. I've never heard of such a problem, thankfully. There is, however, a rare condition called neonatal diabetes that affects children very shortly after birth. For a summary of pancreatic functions, you might want to read The Pancreas: Anatomy and Functions.