From From Centerville, Indiana, USA:

I have a friend who has an eight year old with diabetes, like her father. She has to take insulin shots. Up until last year, her child was covered by Medicaid, but since the mother got a raise this year she was dropped because she made a few dollars too much, about $2 or 3$ too much. Is there any help for children with supplies? The mother has medical through work now, but it won't cover everything. It absolutely doesn't cover the strips for testing. What does a mother do in such a situation? I know her cost for these strips is 45.00 per week.

It is unlikely that any organization will provide a cash subsidy for the purchase of strips. There is a federally supported state program to provide comprehensive health insurance coverage for children. Go to the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration web site for more information.

Posted to Insurance/Costs