Question:

From Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA:

I don't have health insurance, but I think I may be suffering from hypoglycemia. I am constantly hungry, get frequent headaches, nausea, and have felt like I was going to pass out. I was thinking about getting a home blood sugar monitor to get an idea of what's going on. I also plan on going on a diabetic diet and exercise program. Some people have told me that a home blood sugar monitor won't work on low blood sugar, others tell me that they do. Could you point me in the right direction?

Answer:

I know this is probably not the answer you are looking for, but you really need to see a physician or nurse practitioner for a check up and blood work. Your symptoms could mean many things and should be checked out.

JS

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Other