Question:

From Melbourne, Australia:

I'm traveling to Paris and Athens during August and September 2004. Is glargine available in both these countries? Is it cheaper than in Australia (AUD $100 for 100 ml vial) because it is in Europe? Do I need prescriptions from the respective country's doctor to get these medicines, or can I supply an Australian prescription? Who can I contact from Aventis or the respective country distributor about these products in France and Greece (e-mail preferred).

Answer:

Glargine should be available in both countries. But, why not just take an extra bottle with you, i.e. two bottles for the few weeks you are gone?

[Editor's comment: For additional information, you should contact Aventis. BH]

Posted to Traveling and Insulin Analogs