From Canada:

The past two years, whenever I am out in extremely cold weather for a long period of time, I have been getting feelings of electric shocks in my skin. When I touch any part of my skin, I feel a pain that feels like needles. As soon as I warm up, it goes away. Is this neuropathy?

It could be neuropathy. Some nerve fibers are more likely to fire in the cold. When stimulated, they may misfire and cause the pain you are experiencing. It sounds like the bottom line is avoid the cold, optimize blood sugars (as this increases pain threshold), and consider the addition of a drug like Neurontin if the pain is bad enough.