From Ohio, USA:

What causes itchy palms and the bottoms of feet? Does it have anything to do with the diabetes my relative has?

I do not know what the concern is. If it is itching or pruritis, then there are numerous etiologies or causes. I have not seen any patient with diabetes with these symptoms however, that doesn't mean it could happen. I have had individuals with thyroid, adrenal and pituitary disease with these symptoms. Sorry, but with little information available, I really cannot give a definitive answer.