Question:

From St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA:

I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 17. Ever since that diagnosis, I am constantly hungry. I can eat a big meal and two hours later be incredible hungry, even if my blood sugar is normal. Would an appetite suppressant help? If so, what kind?

Answer:

There are no good appetite suppressants from a pharmacologic standpoint. Have you gotten back to your baseline weight? If not, you may need more food. I would suggest a visit with the dietician to evaluate your overall nutritional plan to be sure you are getting enough calories. If you are, you may want to make sure you are exercising enough as this can keep your hunger down.