Question:

From London, Kentucky, USA:

My daughter has been using a Medtronic MiniMed insulin pump for one year. We have trouble getting her supplies. We've waited as long as eight to nine weeks to get her order and she has run out of supplies. This has happened each time that I've placed an order, I call the company and everyone gives me the run around as to what is going on. Is this normal for everyone that is on the pump? What can I do about it?

Answer:

This is quite unusual and I can understand why you are frustrated. I would start with the customer service department for Medtronic MiniMed. If you are still unhappy with the service, then I'd suggest finding a distributor who carries pump supplies. You can search for "insulin pump supplies" on the Internet. If you can find a local distributor, even better. Then your supplies are only minutes away and not weeks!

BS

Posted to Insulin Pumps and Other