From Mumbai, Maharashtra, India:

My 13 year old son has had diabetes for seven years. He has barely grown in height in the last two to three years, only about 3 inches (7.68 centimeters). Is this normal in a diabetic child? What can I do to at least ensure that his growth is as close to normal as possible? My doctor feels we need to wait it out and see.

If growth is less than 4 centimeters (1.56 inches) per year at his age, his growth may be abnormally slow. I would consult with a board-certified pediatrician who can properly assess, monitor and track his growth and let you know if there is a problem.